Exchange 2013 CU3 upgrade problem #1 – EAC doesn´t work (HTTP 400, bad request)


I came into problem recently. After upgrade of Exchange 2013 CU2 to CU3 my ECP stopped to work. I tried to:

  • re-create ECP virtual directory
  • renew certificate (which expired recently)

none of those helped.

Error:

ECP error WEB

OWA - wrong authentication set

Then I checked authentication methods for my virtual directories and found, that Exchange 2013 CU3 setup messed up my OWA authentication methods. The goal here is to have both virtual directories set with the same authentication methods. In my case FBA and Basic.

Solution:

Set correct authentication methods and run IISreset on problematic backend exchange servers.

Get-OwaVirtualDirectory | Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -FormsAuthentication $true -BasicAuthentication $true

OWA - correct authentication

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s